Insulin-Unwise Foods and Meals
Majid Ali, M.D.
In my YouTube Encyclopedia of Science, Health, and Healing,
I introduce the terms “insulin-wise foods,” “insulin-unwise
foods,” “insulin-wise meals” and “insulin-unwise” meals. My
purpose was to sharply focus on the relationships between
food and meals and insulin responses, both in general terms
and the state of health of the individual. This subject is
far more important than the prevailing notions of glycemic
index of foods, which do not take into account the issues of
the stomach, small bowel, and colon ecosystems.
My use of the terms insulin-wise foods, insulin-unwise
foods, insulin-wise meals and insulin-unwise meals is
intended to make my patients them aware of their own
specific insulin responses in light of the following issues
pertaining to their particular circumstances:
* Sluggish stomach tone, often leading to the GERD-gastritis
* Bowel transit time
* Gut fermentation
* Leaky gut state
* Absorption of undigested food substances and toxins into
* Negative impact of bowel-related toxins to their cellular
energy systems (mitochondrial ATP generation, to be
Insulin-Wise Foods Become
It should be evident from the above that for a given
individual, an insulin-wise meal can become insulin-unwise
under different conditions of bowel health. Similarly, an
insulin-unwise meal can become insulin-wise meal for the
same person under other conditions.
In Parts 2 and 3, of this Insulin-Wise and Insulin-Unwise
Foods Series, I give examples of an insulin-wise and
insulin-unwise meal. In Part 4, I offer “Dr. Ali’s Gut
Fermentation Control Guidelines.”
* Does the food or a meal cause a sugar spike?
* Does the food or a meal cause an insulin spike?
* How does an individual’s metabolic status absorb the
shocks of sugar and insulin spikes?
* How does an individual’s metabolic status adapt to sugar
and insulin shocks over the long haul?
* How can integrated dietary, nutritional, and
allergy-control plans be used to normalize insulin
Suggested Readings From My
1. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 1
2. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 2
3. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 3
4. Beyond Glycemic Index - Insulin-Wise and Insulin-Unwise
A1c Level Intentionally Kept High in Type 1 Diabetes
6 Insulin-Wise Foods,
7. Diabetes-Literate, Healing-Illiterate
8. Oxygen-Wise and Oxygen-Unwise Foods and Meals
9. Thirteen States Predicted To Have Obesity Rates of Over
60 % by 2030
10. Ali M. Oxygen, Darwin’s Drones, and Diabetes. Volume
1—Dr. Ali’s Plan for Reversing Diabetes. 2011. New York,
Canary 21 Press.
11. Ali M. The Butterfly and Life Span Nutrition. Denville,
New Jersey, Life Span Books 1992.
12. Ali M. The Principles and Practice of Integrative
Medicine Volume V: Integrative Nutritional Medicine:
Nutrition Seen Through the Prism of Oxygen Homeostasis. New
York. Canary 21 Press. 1999. 2nd edition 2005.
Suggested YouTube Videos
* Dr. Ali's Insulin-Saving Recipes
* Bread or Bread With Butter
* Insulin-Wise Eating
* Dr. Ali’s Breakfast
* Healing Literacy Part 1
* Healing Literacy Part 2