Insulin-Wise and Insulin-Unwise Foods and Meals
Majid Ali, M.D.
In Parts 1 and 2 of this series of articles, I define
what I mean by the terms Insulin-Wise and Insulin-Unwise
Foods and Meals, explain the basic concepts, and illustrate
my points with some questions. Below are some questions that
shed more light on the subkject. The readers can also get
more information from a series of videos on my YouTube
Encyclopedia of Science, Health, and Healing.
Here are questions. The answers
1. What insulin-wise foods and meals might become insulin-unswise
for dehydrated individuals?
2. What insulin-wise foods and meals might become
insulin-unwise for constipated individuals?
3. What insulin-wise foods might become insulin-unwise for
individuals with gastritis—GERD complex?
4. What insulin-wise foods and meals might become
insulin-unwise for individuals with
fermenting and leaky guts?
5. What insulin-wise foods and meals might become
insulin-unwise for individuals with fermenting minds?
After you try to answer these questions in light of what you
learned in the first two parts of this series, please
consider my answers below.
1. What insulin-smart foods might become insulin-unsmart for
dehydrated individuals? Dehydration is acidifying,
free-radicalizing, and “blood-lymph- thickening.” So
persistent dehydration has a potential for turning any
insulin–wise into insulin-unwise food.
2. What insulin-smart foods might become insulin-unsmart for
constipated individuals? Those that worsen constipation in
the individual’s personal experience.
3. What insulin-smart foods might become insulin-unsmart for
individuals with gastritis—GERD complex? Spicy foods and
protein-rich foods that require strong acidity for
4. What insulin-smart foods might become insulin-unsmart for
fermenting and leaky guts?
5. What insulin-smart foods might become insulin-unsmart for
fermenting minds. Caffeinated drinks, and alcoholic
Suggested Readings From My
1. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 1
2. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 2
3. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 3
4. Beyond Glycemic Index - Insulin-Wise and Insulin-Unwise
A1c Level Intentionally Kept High in Type 1 Diabetes
6 Insulin-Wise Foods,
7. Diabetes-Literate, Healing-Illiterate
8. Oxygen-Wise and Oxygen-Unwise Foods and Meals
9. Thirteen States Predicted To Have Obesity Rates of Over
60 % by 2030
10. Ali M. Oxygen, Darwin’s Drones, and Diabetes. Volume
1—Dr. Ali’s Plan for Reversing Diabetes. 2011. New York,
Canary 21 Press.
11. Ali M. The Butterfly and Life Span Nutrition. Denville,
New Jersey, Life Span Books 1992.
12. Ali M. The Principles and Practice of Integrative
Medicine Volume V: Integrative Nutritional Medicine:
Nutrition Seen Through the Prism of Oxygen Homeostasis. New
York. Canary 21 Press. 1999. 2nd edition 2005.
Suggested YouTube Videos
* Dr. Ali's Insulin-Saving Recipes
* Bread or Bread With Butter
* Insulin-Wise Eating
* Dr. Ali’s Breakfast
* Healing Literacy Part 1
* Healing Literacy Part 2