Insulin-Unwise Foods and Meals
Majid Ali, M.D.
In Part 1 of this series of articles, I
introduced the terms “Insulin-Wise Foods” and
“Insulin-Unwise Foods” which explained the basic concept
behind the terms. In this Part 2, I illustrate my main
points with simple considerations of how common foods can be
either insulin-wise or insulin-unwise. I choose a Q&A format
for this and continue in Part 3 of the series.
* Which is insulin-smart - bread alone or bread with butter?
* Which is insulin-smart - toast alone or toast with an egg?
* Which is insulin-smart - blueberries alone or blueberries
with cottage cheese?
* Which is insulin-smart - steamed vegetables alone or
steamed vegetables with melted butter?
* Which is insulin-smart - apple pie or cheesecake?
* Which is insulin-smart - wine alone or wine after a
portion of cheese?
* Bread with butter is better than bread alone because
butter slows the insulin release.
* Toast with egg is better than toast alone because eggs
slow the insulin release.
* Blueberries with cottage cheese are better than
blueberries alone because cheese slows the insulin release.
The same holds for wine alone or wine with cheese. As for
apple pie and cheesecake, an apple pie is straight sugar but
a cheesecake is not.
I offer more information on this subject in a series of
videos on my YouTube Encyclopedia of Science, Health, and
Healing. The links follow my list of suggested readings.
Suggested Readings From My
1. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 1
2. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 2
3. Insulin-Wise and
Insulin-Unwise Foods—Part 3
4. Beyond Glycemic Index - Insulin-Wise and Insulin-Unwise
A1c Level Intentionally Kept High in Type 1 Diabetes
6 Insulin-Wise Foods,
7. Diabetes-Literate, Healing-Illiterate
8. Oxygen-Wise and Oxygen-Unwise Foods and Meals
9. Thirteen States Predicted To Have Obesity Rates of Over
60 % by 2030
10. Ali M. Oxygen, Darwin’s Drones, and Diabetes. Volume
1—Dr. Ali’s Plan for Reversing Diabetes. 2011. New York,
Canary 21 Press.
11. Ali M. The Butterfly and Life Span Nutrition. Denville,
New Jersey, Life Span Books 1992.
12. Ali M. The Principles and Practice of Integrative
Medicine Volume V: Integrative Nutritional Medicine:
Nutrition Seen Through the Prism of Oxygen Homeostasis. New
York. Canary 21 Press. 1999. 2nd edition 2005.
Suggested YouTube Videos
* Dr. Ali's Insulin-Saving Recipes
* Bread or Bread With Butter
* Insulin-Wise Eating
* Dr. Ali’s Breakfast
* Healing Literacy Part 1
* Healing Literacy Part 2